Useful Tips To Ace 13 Rummy Card Games
If you are in search of tips and tricks to improve your chances of winning a 13 cards rummy game, then you have come to the right place! The more you play rummy, the more comfortable you learn the nuances of the game, and the better your chances are of winning big, but knowing some useful tips can up your game and help you stay ahead of your opponents.
Useful tips to Ace 13 Rummy Card Games
- While playing 13 cards rummy, you must take note of the cards picked and dropped by your opponent in the previous rounds. This technique helps you plan your next move better. For instance, if your opponent dropped 7 of spades, then there is a probability that if you lose 6 or 8 of spades, your opponent might not pick that card. Though you aim to drop cards that your opponent wouldn’t think of picking, do not lose heart if they choose your card. Try your level best to calculate the probable set or sequence that your opponent is attempting to complete and make it difficult for them as much as you can.
- If you have got four consecutive cards, then the usual thing that you are expected to do would be to drop the 4th. However, making a sequence of three or more cards is recommended, so, do not drop the 4th card. Instead, you can discard a card you deem less useful.
- One trick is to try to make two sequences as fast as you can. If you end up losing a hand, then this trick can help you score fewer points. Also, if you managed to form a pure sequence, then use a joker to start making the next one.
- In multiplayer rummy card games, jokers are essential. You must focus on exploiting the jokers as much as you can. Use the joker either to complete a set or run of higher points value. It is advised not to use jokers in a natural run. In case you have completed two sequences, then you can make use of the joker to create the rest of the sets or sequences.
- Once you receive your cards, try to arrange them in an orderly manner. A systematic arrangement of cards simplifies the game for you, and it will help you decide whether to keep or discard a particular card while playing.
- It is not wise to retain cards in rummy for too long. Try to drop cards which aren’t useful to you or don’t prove to be helpful in the course of the game. Besides, you must discard cards with high-value points.
- Note that each time you pick a card, you are giving your opponent a clue. If you have two same cards with you and plan to use one to create a set or sequence, then you must drop the other one. This trick can confuse your opponent and make it hard for them to guess what is the game or sequence that you are going for.
- Be sensible instead of waiting around for a particular card to complete your sequence while playing rummy card games. You must reevaluate your cards and make necessary changes on the go.
The above tips will surely help you increase your competitive edge! Practice makes a man perfect, so the more you play card games, the better you get at it!